- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 1-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 2 3/4 to 3 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Combine 2 tablespoons chili powder, cilantro, oregano, cumin and garlic powder in small bowl. Coat lamb chops with spice mixture. Place lamb chops in glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add
shallots and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add red wine, beef stock and remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder. Boil until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Add butter 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted after each addition.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill or broil lamb chops to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place 2 lamb chops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over lamb and the grilled lamb chops is ready to serve.