- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil for basting
- lemon wedges
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add nigella, fennel, cumin, mustard, and fenugreek seeds. Saute until very fragrant and start to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and onions and saute until the onions become golden brown, about 8 minutes.
2. Add salt, cayenne pepper, garam masala and cook until the flavors are well mixed. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and blend into a smooth paste by adding vinegar.
3. Transfer the mixture in a large bowl and add the lamb cubes. Gently rub the meat with the marinate and cover and refrigerate for atleast 3 hours.
4. Thread the seasoned lamb cubes onto skewers, coating with all the marinade.
5. Grill, covered, on medium-low heat, basting with oil until lamb chop is fully cooked and tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Slide the cubes off the skewers onto a serving dish and serve hot with lemon wedges.
The grilled lamb chop is ready to serves 6 great person....enjoy it !